Saturday, February 04, 2006

Life is like a slow train crawling to harrow and wealdstone

Went to see Katie Melua tonight.  Never have I seen so many middle aged people crammed into the Hammersmith Apollo.  Had a super time.  Katie truly has a sublime voice and the band that backed her were simply brilliant - versatile and musically accomplished.  In fact they actually made Ms Melua's stage presence seem a little amateurish.

Was joined on the train home by my boss and her husband.  They'd been to the concert too.  Nice chat to make the journey on the slow train go pleasantly quickly.

Off to Cheltenham tomorrow for a GB meeting so need for much sleep required else I'll be a bit drowsy behind the wheel so I’ll bid you all goodnight my dear bloglings with Katie Melua still singing in my mind.

No comments: