Friday, January 06, 2006

the need to achieve

I had a really shitty day yesterday. Looking back on it I think it was the overwhelming possibility that it held at it’s start spoiled by the depressing lack of achievement by it’s end. True, I did get to the shops to pick up some Christmas presents and a bluetooth dongle but then it all kind of went to pot. The dongle would link my PC to my new phone ok but not let me transfer any files (which was the main reason why I got it) and my computer got infected by some adware that Symantec were proud to tell me about but too fucking stupid to detect.

So as you can see it doesn’t take too much to deflect me from the pathway of success into the tall grass of despondency.

Therefore I needed to feel a sense of achievement today. Thus I declared war on our spare room and attacked it with paint brush and roller and have just finished. And it feels good.

As you can tell, it doesn’t take much for me to travel the road to the city of completion in time for a beer at the inn of satisfaction.

No comments: